Meet The Team of Professional staff at SSTG
The affairs of the company are overseen on a day to day basis by Ian Spreadborough, SSTG Managing Director, and a team of 7 full time staff:
Originally trained as a deck officer, Ian subsequently worked for Lloyds Register and as a Marine Insurance claims broker before working for one of the UK's largest harbour towage companies as their UK Commercial Co-ordinator.
Joining SSTG in October 1990, Ian is a qualified accountant and took up his current role as Managing Director in April 2006.
Recruitment & Training Staff:
- Ian Palmer - Marketing & Development Manager.
- Steve Abrahart - Cadet Recruitment & Training Manager.
- Jo Carroll - Training Officer (Higher Certificate Training) and Company Secretary.
- Julie Coomber - Training Officer (Short Course Co-Ordinator).
- Rachel Groves - Training Officer (City of Glasgow College, Shetland School of Nautical Studies, Scottish Maritime Academy & Warsash Maritime Academy (Part of Solent University)).
- Bev Edwards - Training Officer (Fleetwood Nautical Campus, South Shields Marine School (Part of Tyne Coast College), Liverpool John Moores University & Plymouth University).
- Lorraine Garwood - Accounts & Bookkeeping Administrator.
Updated: January 2020.