Apply on-line for Sponsorship to Pursue a Career At Sea
The first stage in the process is to submit an online application.
You will need to have the following information available to complete the process:
- Personal details. These will need to include your contact details, full postal address, etc.
- Details of all academic and vocational qualifications held.
- You will be asked to provide a personal statement of up to 750 words during the process.
The Online Process - Save and Return:
When you start the online application process you will be asked for your e-mail address. Make sure that this is an e-mail address that you know to be secure and is also one that you access regularly.
Once your e-mail address is registered you will be emailed with the link so that you can save the part completed form and return to it at a later date to completed the process.
The unsubmitted form will only remain on the SSTG online database for a maximum period of 28 days after which time all data will be deleted.
Guidelines on completing an application:
At busy times of the year we receive a considerable number of applications each day. To ensure your application can be processed quickly please carefully follow these guidelines:
- Complete every field on the application form. Boxes left blank will not help your application.
- Include all relevant information. We cannot take information into account when assessing your application if this is missing.
- Do not use abbreviations that we may not recognise.
- Use correct English grammar and carefully check all spelling.
We hope you have found the above guidance helpful. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in a career at sea as a Ship's Officer we look forward to hearing from you. You can access the on-line application process here.
If you need any further information about the Officer specialisation you want to apply for follow these links:
Updated: July 2018.